Do you ever get frustrated and anxious when you don't have good sleep? Have you ever heard yourself say “ I can’t sleep, I never sleep, or I’m a real insomniac”? Of course feeling so tired can be awful. Yet I believe the more we claim a state of distress for ourselves the more real we make it. You can change your state of mind and body to make sleep easy and comfortable. Leave insomnia behind by preparing to enjoy good sleep. These tips will help you design a succesful restful sleep routine.
The Time to Ensure a Good Night’s Sleep Is Not in the Middle of the Night:
1. Aerobic or vigorous exercise is great but not right before bed. Do this at another time of day. Extreme exertion can be exhausting if you find it difficult to sleep easily all through the night. Instead light stretching with yoga or tai chi is good to help you unwind
2. Do what it takes to have a comfortable bed with sheets, blanket and pillows that are right for you- so you can relax. The ideal temperature for sleep is about 65F.
3. A few hours before bedtime begin to unwind. Dim the lights and unplug. Turn off all your electronic toys and stop working. Your brain needs to relax for good sleep to happen easily.
4. Bathe at a moderate temperature- not so hot that your energy is sapped and use a hair dryer so that you are not going to bed with a wet head. Know what you like to sleep in whether it is comfy pajamas or your birthday suit and have them clean and ready.
Create an evening ritual:
5. Choose some activities that you only do when you are going to sleep. Listen to your favorite music, read a poem, brush your hair. Select a soothing routine that prepares the way for soothing sleep. Practice this routine every night.
6. Essential oils can help you relax and encourage restful sleep-lavendar, chamomile, cedar, rosewood, spruce and sandalwood are some good choices. Lightly rub a few drops on the soles of your feet or put 2 drops on your pillow or in your bathwater.
Relax with Finger Holding and Toe Curling
You are clean, cozy, comfortable and relaxed in your own bed…..
7. This Acupressure hold relieves tension and clears your energy channels. Curl your hand around the first two fingers of your other hand (pointer and middle) hold gently for 2-5 minutes. This can be done on one or both hands and is deeply relaxing. Or you can curl your toes as if you were squenching them against the soles of your feet and then let your toes relax normally. Repeat a few times. This is a well known muscle relaxing technique which is quite helpful.
If sleeplessness is a serious problem get checked out by a health professional. In some cases there is an actual sleep disorder which may require deeper investigation.
Natural formulas restful sleep include Homeopathic remedies, herbs like valerian, hops, chamomile along with melatonin, L-5-hydroxytryptophan, and L-theanine. Try a few of these suggestions for 30 days and see if you don’t find yourself nodding off easily and staying asleep longer.
I’d love to hear about your experiences. You can leave them in the comments box below or email me direct at the address listed above.
You might also enjoy: Lifestyle Changes for Better Sleep
Help Yourself with Homeopathy